My two weeks of vacation are coming up, and I’m at the point where I’m almost incapable of waiting any longer. Having returned to work has gone far better than I’d ever dare hope for, but I have to admit, than I’m also more exausted than I though I would be. A lot of it has to with the fact, that I don’t always get the best sleep. Eva stills wakes up a lot during the night, and having to wake up 2-4 times per night really takes a toll on me. Hopefully it will get better with time, but for now, it’s really messing with my energy levels making these to weeks of vacation much needed. We don’t really have any big plans for the two weeks other than slowing down, taking our time to relax and visiting my parents in their summer house in Sweden. Their house is far from everything apart in the middle of the forest, so it will be a nice change of scenery from the big city. I’ve always loved going there and I just know Eva will to. I really hope the weather will be great, so we can spend a ton of time outdoors, but otherwise will figure something out.
In August I want to…
- Take my time to slow down and to just enjoy not having to go to work. I really need to slow down and take my time to just be with Eva without having to think to much about what time it is. I sometimes feel like a slave to our clock. It decides when we get up, when we eat, when we get out the door, when we sleep, when we do almost everything. But in those two weeks I have off from work, I’ll make sure our clock also gets a well earned break.
- Make my own washcloths for Eva by recycling our old towels. We have way too many old towels and not enough wash cloths. Upcycling our old towels into wash cloths seems like the most logical thing in the world (at least now that I thought of it). I’m not sure yet whether I’ll just cut them up and zig zag the edges, add some bias to the sides or whether I’ll think of something more creative. But one thing is for sure: those towels will be recycled!
- Go to the zoo with Eva for the first time ever. It’s a present from her grandparents and her aunties, uncles and cousins from Ben’s side of the family will all be joining us. I’m quite ambivalent about zoo’s, but I know this zoo is one of the good ones, where the animals are treated well and are not just collected and showcased in ill-suited for them. And I know Eva will love looking at all the animals and spending time with her family, so I’m confident it will be a fun day!
- Finally get my bike ready for Eva. That means getting a bike seat for Eva and bying us both some helmest. Being able to bring her along with me on the bike will make some things easier. Like going to the doctor or going to another park than the one we always visit.
- Continue projekt running from last month. That annual company relay race is really closing in and I have to get in better running shape. I have already improved quite a lot, but those 5 km still seem like the longest distance anyone has ever run.